Guidance for Writers
Al-Misbah Research Journal is an International Journal for Arabic & Islamic Studies in three languages: Arabic, Urdu and English. It is an Open Access quarterly Peer Reviewed Print and Online Journal which has become a Multidisciplinary Academic Journal with an International Advisory Board representing various fields of research. This journal is launched to promote the study of general fields of Arabic & Islamic Studies.
Guidelines for Submission:
Our guidelines are fully consistent with the COPE Principles of Transparency and Best Practice Guidelines and the COPE Code of Conduct. More details can be found here: https://publicationethics.org
We encourage the best standards of publication ethics and take all possible measures against publication malpractices. We abide by strict ethical code of conduct to maintain transparency, merit and high-quality research.
A) Author Information
The authors provide their names, email addresses, phone number(s), present position/title besides the names of the universities/colleges on the title page of the manuscript. It would be placed before the main title of the article.
- Every author will provide a working email ID irrespective of whether he/she is corresponding or not.
- Both authors of an article must provide their ORCID.
- The Corresponding Author will indicate clearly who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. Ensure that Mobile, WhatsApp and Fax numbers (with country and area code) will provide in addition to the e-mail address and the complete postal address.
Please make ensure editing of the research paper according to the following guidelines before sending it for publication:
- Textual body of an article will be made using Calibri font for English, Jameel Noori Nastaleeq font for Urdu and Traditional Arabic for Arabic. Please Keep in mind that Quranic versus must be written in Muhammadi Quranic font, Hadiths would be written in PDMS Islamic font and any Arabic text would be written in Traditional Arabic Font. (These fonts may be downloaded from here.)
- For Main Body of the Text: Font size must be 12 for English, 14 for Urdu and Arabic, for Main Headings: Font Size is 16 for English and 18 for Urdu and Arabic in bold form.
- For Subheadings: Font Size must be 14 for English, 16 for Arabic and Urdu in bold form.
- For Endnotes: Font size is 10 for English and 11 for Urdu and Arabic
- By default, the submitting author is responsible for correspondence with the journal and he should ensure that second co-author is included in the author’s list
- Only those manuscripts will be considered for publication that have not been previously published anywhere nor is under consideration elsewhere.
B) Format, Requirement, Paper Structure
- The accepted length of the article is not more than 20 pages. Numbering of pages should be at the bottom of the page. References should be inserted as endnotes and numbered consecutively.
- The titles of Arabic and Urdu articles should be translated into English Language as well.
- It must be included in the submissions that their abstracts including key words that explain the gist of the research and arguments the writer has presented. The abstract must not be exaggerated or contain any new information that is not outlined in the main body of the text. It should briefly outline the purpose of the research as well as the methodology used and conclusions drawn by the author.
- The article must be composed in MS Word as a single file submission. Inpage & PDF files would not be accepted.
- All footnotes and Bibliographies should be cited in the Chicago Manual of Style (Full note). The Al-Misbah journal follows the Chicago Citation Style, Notes and Bibliography Style (17th) for citations. (any kind of citation engine may be used for citation. For instance Mendeley, Zotero, Zenodo etc.)
While giving Endnotes, please keep in mind the following requirements.
- Endnotes must be in Chicago style (full note), author(s) name(s), journal title/book title, chapter title/article title, translator/editor name, edition , publishing City, Publisher, year of publication, chapter/Column/figure/folio/issue/line/note/page/Paragraph/ part/Section/verse/volume.
- To know further details of the Chicago Manual Style, 17th Edition (Full Note) visit the site. https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-1.html
- Note numbers should begin with “1” and follow consecutively throughout a given. End notes number must be added using English numeral (1, 2, 3). Roman numerals (i, ii, iii)would not be accepted.
- Please keep in mind that every note number must be put in the text at the end of the sentence and after all punctuation where the reference occurs, even if the cited material is mentioned at the beginning of the sentence. In MS Word this can be achieved by clicking Alt+Ctrl+F for footnotes and ALT+Ctrl+E for endnotes. Moreover, note numbers are superscripted.
- Never reuse a number - use a new number for each reference, even if you have used that reference previously.
- To cite multiple sources in a single note, separate the two citations with a semicolon (;).
- If citing the same work again immediately after you've already cited it, use of DOI is highly rcommended
- All citations must be confirmed and fully-mentioned. Uncompleted citations' text would not be considered and immediately removed from the text. If, any details of publication is not provided, they will be removed wholly from the text by the editors.
- The first page of the article should be contained title of the research paper, name of the author (s), designation, institution affiliation and contact number (s), and email (s). A brief account of the area of interest (s) of the author may also be added.
- Academic jargon that is specific to a particular discipline needs to be thoroughly elaborated upon or footnoted.
- The Manuscript must be ‘spell-checked’ and grammatically corrected.
- The authors must get the article’s language edited to avoid.
- Authors should attach a plagiarism report with a manuscript.
- Al-Misbah reserves the right to do necessary editing, addition and deletion.
- Articles that are unoriginal and heavily plagiarized will be rejected immediately.
- Articles not following Reference Guidelines e., Chicago Manual of Style for footnotes/Endnotes and Bibliography will not be entertained.
- Al-Misbah Research Journal, strictly follows Plagiarism Policy as per guidelines of HEC. The Similarity Report on Turnitin should be below 19 percent.
- All articles should be uploaded via our Online Journal System (OJS). Please submit your articles on this email. Only submitted articles will be processed.
- The articles are blind peer reviewed by the experts before publication. However, the Editorial Board reserves the right to exclude the paper without showing reason. The decision of the Editorial Board will be exclusive for publication of the article.
- The Editorial Board does not necessarily agree with the views of the authors, and cannot be held responsible for any statement, comment or information.
- All accepted articles will become the property of the publisher.
- The elements of article writing research results are:
- Title (if Urdu and Arabic Article it must be translated in Egnlish)
- Author's detail (Name, Email, Cell No, Institute, Designation, Orcid, Country etc
- Abstract (English) and keywords
- Research Methods
- Result of research
- Conclusions and suggestions
- Authors are required to provide an undertaking/declaration stating that the manuscript under consideration contains solely their original work that is not under consideration for publishing in any other journal in any form.
- A manuscript that is co-authored must be accompanied by an undertaking explicitly stating that each author has contributed substantially towards the preparation of the manuscript to claim the right to authorship.
- It is the responsibility of the corresponding author that he/she has ensured that all those who have substantially contributed in the manuscripts have been included in the author list and they have agreed to the order of authorship.